SUZANNE HAWSON, PT, MPT, OCS
Suzanne is a Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy with an emphasis in sports medicine. She received her Masters degree with distinction from California State University in 2002. She has worked extensively in the field of orthopaedics and has rehabilitated athletes of all ages and of different skill levels; from novices to professional athletes in the NBA and Olympic athletes.
She is published in the professional journal, Techniques in Orthopaedics and also serves on the editorial board for the Foot & Ankle Specialist. Her most recent publications include “Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation of the Foot and Ankle in the Athlete” published in Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. In addition, she is an adjunct professor for the physical therapy program at California State University, Northridge.
Areas of Interest/Expertise:
- Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist in the treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders of the spine, shoulder, hip, knee, foot and ankle
- Sports specific biomechanical assessment and treatment, i.e. basketball, football, soccer, gymnastics, dance, baseball, triathlon, running
- Advanced training in golfer’s, throwing and running mechanics
- Analyze running mechanics through video analysis
- Educational seminars on preventing sporting injuries
During her free time, Suzanne enjoys swimming, biking and running outdoors and competes in triathlons and running races throughout the year. Her most recent accomplishments include Ironman Whistler 2013 and Ironman Arizona 2013. Being an athlete gives Suzanne a deep understanding of athletic injuries and how it may affect an injured athlete’s state of mind.
Suzanne is available for physical therapy in Valencia, California.
Please call (661) 260-1180 or use the form below.